1 Available Positions
R.A. Group is selective about who joins our team. We seek people that are both technically proficient and passionate about what they do. We believe that this is what makes R.A. Group a great place for our people to thrive and achieve their professional goals. As a company our mission is to:
- Attract and retain the best people in our industry,
- Develop our people and help them achieve their potential, and
- Create a fun, enjoyable and creative place to work.
In short, we find really good people and turn them into exceptional professionals.
If you are interested in joining our team we would like to hear from you.
- Location: Lansing, MI
- Position: Consultant/Engineer
- Contract: N/A
- Monthly Salary: TBD
- Technical project work including monitoring, modelling, development of abatement strategies, and regulatory liaison for industrial, environmental noise projects and/or interior acoustics projects
- Complete written technical/consulting reports for client
- Project Management of acoustics, noise and vibration projects for facilities, including oil and gas facilities, power generating facilities, industrial/manufacturing facilities, transportation projects, etc.
- Business development activities related to acoustics, noise and vibration services including proposal development and client liaison
- Contribution to the career development of junior technical staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contribution to R.A. Group’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- Business travel upon request
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering or Applied Science or related discipline
- At least three years of professional experience (graduates or EITs with co-op experience may be considered)
- Professional designation (PE, CIH, etc.) or eligibility to be license within six months.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook software
- Demonstrated competence in technical report writing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with acoustical modelling package (CADNA/A/R, SoundPlan) a plu
- Familiarity/proficiency with CAD/Graphics and Microsoft Access packages a plus
- Experience in the following areas of service:
- Industrial noise control and hearing conservation
- Environmental noise
- Noise monitoring
- Noise abatement
- Indoor acoustics
- Vibration monitoring and assessment
- An understanding of federal, state and municipal laws and regulations pertaining to noise issues
- Demonstrated abilities in project teamwork and client relationship building
- Ability to work independently and thrive in an environment that provides quality, solution-oriented consulting services
- Strong interpersonal, communication and critical thinking skills
- 1 - 3 years experience in consulting/engineering firm