1 Available Positions
Robert Anderson Group (R.A. Group) is a consulting firm specializing in Occupational, Environmental and Architectural Noise and Acoustics. We are looking for energetic, creative, self-motivated people to join our team. Our consultants and technical staff engage in a wide variety of projects and clientele that span both private and public sectors. Typically, our technical teams spend approximately 50% of their time at client locations throughout North America and the world. This is a great opportunity to discover the field of noise, acoustics and audio and begin your career by building solid engineering/technical consulting experience working with some of the most innovative and remarkable companies in world.
- Location: Lansing, MI / Detroit, MI
- Position: Noise & Acoustics Engineer/Consultant
- Contract: N/A
- Monthly Salary: TBD
Position: Noise & Acoustics Engineer/Consultant
- Technical project work including monitoring, modelling, development of abatement strategies, and regulatory liaison for industrial, environmental noise projects and/or interior acoustics projects
- Complete written technical/consulting reports for client
- Management of acoustics, noise and vibration projects for facilities, including oil and gas facilities, power generating facilities, industrial/manufacturing facilities, transportation projects, etc.
- Business development activities related to acoustics, noise and vibration services including proposal development and client liaison
- Contribute to RA Group’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- Business travel expected 50 % throughout North America
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering, Acoustics, Math Physics or closely related field.
- Professional designation (PE/P.Eng., etc.) or eligibility to be licensed within six months.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated competence in technical report writing
- Strong interpersonal, oral & written communication and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated abilities in project teamwork and client relationship building
- Ability to work independently and thrive in an environment that provides quality, solution-oriented consulting services
- Experience reading and interpreting building drawings and specifications
- Passion and interest in this field – for mechanical systems, buildings, sound, or music.
- 0 – 3 years experience
- Experience in the following areas of service:
- Occupational/Industrial noise control and hearing conservation
- Environmental noise
- Indoor acoustics
- An understanding of federal, state and municipal laws and regulations pertaining to noise issues
- Familiarity with ISO, ANSI, ASTM and related acoustical standards
- Familiarity with acoustical modelling package (CADNA/A/R, SoundPlan) a plus
- Familiarity/proficiency with CAD/Graphics and Microsoft Access packages a plus
- Experience with audio system design
- Experience performing mechanical noise and vibration analyses
R R.A. Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. We strive for equity, inclusiveness and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities and people. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. We offer competitive salaries and benefits. We also ensure our employees are taken care of through generous vacation time, and rewards. All travel related expenses are fully paid or reimbursed by the company.
Apply online at www.robertandersongroup.com or by providing a cover letter and resume of education and experience to:
Email: email@example.com Fax: 517-224-5248.
Mail: Robert Anderson Group, Inc., Attn: Talent Recruitment, Post Office Box 80604, Lansing, MI 48908