1 Available Positions
Robert Anderson Group (R.A. Group) is a consulting firm specializing in Occupational, Environmental and Architectural Noise and Acoustics. We are looking for energetic, creative, self-motivated people to join our team. Our consultants and technical staff engage in a wide variety of projects and clientele that span both private and public sectors. Join our team and the opportunity to work with some of the most innovative and remarkable companies in world.
- Location: Lansing, MI / Detroit, MI
- Position: Senior Acoustical Engineer/Consultant
- Contract: N/A
- Monthly Salary: TBD
Position: Senior Acoustical Engineer/Consultant
- Lead and perform technical project work related to room acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical system noise and vibration across a variety of industry sectors including commercial and industrial sectors.
- Business development activities related to acoustics, noise and vibration services including proposal development and client liaison
- Work independently on projects or assist more junior acousticians on larger projects
- Perform acoustical analyses, vibration-related analyses and field testing.
- Complete written technical/consulting reports for client
- Manage acoustics, noise and vibration projects including responsibilities for scheduling, coordinating project team, financial performance and deliverables.
- Contribute to the career development of more technical staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contribute to RA Group’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- Business travel expected up to 50 % throughout North America
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering, Acoustics, Math Physics or closely related field.
- Professional designation (PE, CIH, etc.) or eligibility to be licensed within six months.
- Proven acoustics consulting project management experience.
- Experience working on projects related to room acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical system noise and vibration control on a variety of project types.
- Accomplished at developing business and a willingness and desire for the opportunity to grow our architectural acoustics client base
- Experience with various acoustics measurements, in accordance with ANSI, ASTM, and ISO standards.
- Experience reading and interpreting building drawings and specifications.
- Strong interpersonal, oral & written communication and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated abilities in project teamwork and client relationship building
- Ability to work independently and thrive in an environment that provides quality, solution-oriented consulting services
- Familiarity with acoustical modeling software, noise modeling software (CADNA/R/A, Sound Plan, EASE)
- Familiarity with design/graphic software AutoCAD and/or Revit,
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated competence in technical report writing
- 5 + years experience
- Masters degree in acoustics or related engineering field
- Accreditation/membership in noise/acoustical professional associations, INCE, ASA
- Experience in the following areas of service:
- Occupational/Industrial noise control and hearing conservation
- Environmental noise
- Mechanical systems design
- Building component design/construction
- Acoustical project experience in commercial and non-profit sectors including place of worship, institutional, recreation and entertainment venues.
- Experience working in a variety of sectors including manufacturing, oil and gas facilities, power generating facilities, industrial/manufacturing facilities, transportation projects, etc.
- Familiarity with LABVIEW or MATLAB Familiar with Larson Davis and NI instrumentation
- An understanding of federal, state and municipal laws and regulations pertaining to noise issues
- Familiarity with ISO, ANSI, ASTM and related acoustical standards
- Experience with audio system design
- Experience performing mechanical noise and vibration analyses
R.A. Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. We strive for equity, inclusiveness and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities and people. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. We offer competitive salaries and benefits. We also ensure our employees are taken care of through generous vacation time, and rewards.
Apply online at www.robertandersongroup.com or by providing a cover letter and resume of education and experience to:
Mail: Robert Anderson Group, Inc., Attn: Talent Recruitment, Post Office Box 80604, Lansing, MI 48908