2 Available Positions
We are looking for energetic, creative, self-motivated people to join our team. Our consultants and technical staff are engaged in a wide variety of projects and clientele that span both the private and public sectors. Typically our technical teams spend approximately 50% of the time at client locations throughout North America, (all travel related expenses are fully paid by the company).
Our entry level Technician/Specialist position is a great opportunity to discover the field of noise and acoustics and begin your career by building solid engineering/technical consulting experience and working with our clients which include some of the most innovative and successful companies in North America.
This position at the R.A. Group will be part of team supporting our Acoustical Consultants and Engineers and responsible for conducting field noise assessments for occupational, environmental and architectural noise projects.
We seek people that are both technically proficient and passionate about what they do. We believe that this is what makes R.A. Group a great place for our people to thrive and achieve their professional goals. As a company our mission is to:
- Attract and retain the best people in our industry,
- Develop our people and help them achieve their potential, and
- Create a fun, enjoyable and creative place to work.
In short, we find really good people and turn them into exceptional professionals.
If you are interested in joining our team we would like to hear from you.
- Location: Lansing, MI / Detroit, MI
- Position: Technician/Specialist - Noise & Acoustics
- Contract: N/A
- Monthly Salary: TBD
- Conduct EHS/Industrial Hygiene noise exposure assessments in industrial workplaces
- Provide technical support to senior staff for noise, acoustics, EHS projects
- Assist in on-site environmental noise data collection
- Perform data entry
- Assist in preparation of reports
- Assist in preparation of facility layouts and site plans
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Business travel expected 50 % throughout North America
- Post-secondary degree/certificate in Science, Industrial Hygiene, Safety, EHS or technical field
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook software
- Demonstrated competence in technical report writing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Focused on details and accuracy, be able to recognize errors and discrepancies
- Able to meet deadlines and be willing to put in the efforts required to get the work done within the period specified
- Self-reliant while being able to work as a team
- Ability to solve simple technical problems that could arise in the course of a project
- Ability to work independently and thrive in an environment that provides quality, solution-oriented consulting services
- Familiarity/proficiency with CAD/Graphics packages a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access a plus
- Entry level and experienced applicants will be considered
- Experience in the following areas would be an asset:
- Employee noise exposure assessment
- Environmental noise
- Indoor acoustics
- Health and Safety/Environmental Assessments and Audits
- An understanding of federal, state and municipal laws and regulations pertaining to noise issues
- An understanding of health, safety and environment compliance and reporting
- Working in industrial settings (manufacturing, energy, resources etc.)
We offer a very competitive compensation package including salary, paid holidays, generous vacation and personal time allowances, flexible work hours, fully paid health, dental and insurance benefits (life, STD & LTD), relocation assistance, and the opportunity to become part of an employee owned company.